Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kacieg5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-subscribe-sm/admin/classes/admin.php on line 538
When it comes to eating lunch as mom, we all know that we are very, very low on the priority list. I’m always eating leftover scraps or things I wouldn’t normally eat because they’re quick and easy. I’ve looked at a ton of recipes that are packed with protein and veggies and I came up with my own little medley.
I usually make this Monday or Tuesday and will eat it topped with cheese or nuts for lunch and sometimes dinner if I’m solo. Believe it or not, Ranger actually loves it too!
Also, it will freeze well, so if you make a big batch and don’t eat it all, throw it in the freezer for another time!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, KALE SUN-DRIED TOMATO, KALE QUINOA SALAD
Yield: 6 cups
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
- 1 Butternut Squash or 3 cups pre-chopped
- 4 cup Chopped Kale
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2/3 jar of Sun-dried Julianne Cut Sundried Tomatoes with oil
- 4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop your Butternut Squash into cubes and toss in olive oil (about 2 TBSP or until coated). Spread onto baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water and follow instructions on box to cook
- 3. Pour 2 TBSP of olive oil into sautéing pan and add kale and sauté until bright green and wilted.
- 4. Once the butternut squash and quinoa are cooked, add to kale and stir. Then add in sundried tomatoes with oil to taste (I prefer about 2/3 of jar).
- Serve with parmesan cheese, feta or goat cheese. You can add sunflowers or pecans for some crunch. Use this as a base salad and make it all your own!